Friday, October 11, 2013

PTI Make it Monday #135 - Layered Emboss Resist

Hello!

Well its my second week of posting - so far so good! I made two cards for this challenge, which is pretty impressive for me. Maybe my blogging plan is working out! :)

Anyways, for this first card I used PTI's Holiday Lights stamp set for the background pattern. I used PTI ink in Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, and True Black.  Then I stamped a few different snowflakes from PTI's Snowflake Medley stamp set in Versamark and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. All of this was done on PTI Vintage Cream cardstock. I then used a blending tool and the Raspberry Fizz ink and colored in the background a bit, which of course resisted the snowflakes! Finally I stamped the sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites mini stamp set on some Vintage Cream cardstock with True Black ink and adhered it to the background. I mounted the whole thing onto a Hawaiian Shores card base. I have to say I really like how this card turned out!



I really need to get better at taking pictures! Part of the problem is that I am usually doing it at night and therefore can't get very good light. Something I need to work on I guess!

I will have another post in just a few minutes with my second card!

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Comments are welcome, please come again!
 
Dori :)

2 comments:

  1. Your snowflakes and lights are a delight! I hear your pain about photographing. The worst part of blogging! But your second photo shows off the bright colors of this fab Christmas card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful comment! I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets frustrated with the photo side of things. :)

      Delete